Crocs are super comfortable and made from a unique material called “Cross Lite,” which is much softer than rubber or plastic, lightweight, and resistant to odor and sweat. Plus, they look really attractive! But sometimes people mistakenly buy them in a size too big and lose out on the great feeling of snugness.
If you purchase a pair of Crocs that don’t fit properly, you may face distress as they could slip off your feet while moving. However, crocs are known for providing utmost comfort to the feet; therefore, many have been wondering if it’s possible to shrink them.
If you want perfectly fitting Crocs, we’ve got the solution! Here are 4 easy ways to shrink them quickly in only a few minutes. Let’s get started and enjoy your perfectly-fitted shoes!
How To Shrink Crocs ?
It’s great that the material of Crocs isn’t very resistant to heat, making it easy to shrink them. Shrinking Crocs can be done with a hairdryer, dryer machine or natural heat source – all great options for achieving smaller sized Crocs!
Applying heat is the only way to shrink your Crocs, and there are quite a few methods that you can use!
From using hairdryers to boiling water, I’ll explain all the steps in detail and answer any questions you may have regarding the process.
Crocs Shrinking Methods
These are the 4 best methods for shrinking Crocs fast for better fit.
1# Shrink Crocs In Boiling water:
Shrinking your Crocs doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. There’s an easy and fast way to get it done without damaging them.
It’s incredibly speedy and efficient – definitely worth trying out! Here are the steps you can take to shrink your Crocs a size down!
Shrinking your Crocs can be easily achieved with boiling water – no damage done! Simply fill a pot 3/4 full, bring it to a boil, and then immerse the shoes for five minutes.
When finished, lift them out of the hot liquid safely using tongs or any other heat-resistant device. Now you’ve got better fitting Crocs in no time!
Utilizing your tongs, stir the Crocs in the pot to make sure both shoes receive even coverage. If you find that both of them cannot fit into the same container simultaneously, boil them one at a time for the best results.
Don’t want to sacrifice your cool style for comfort? With just 10 minutes of waiting, you can now have the best of both worlds: enjoy your Crocs without giving up on fashion!
2# Shrinking Crocs Using A Hairdryer:
Have you ever wondered if it is possible to shrink Crocs with a hairdryer? if the answer is yes!
Utilizing a hairdryer gives you complete control over the areas of your Crocs that require downsizing, providing an uncomplicated solution for shrinking Crocs.
This method remains one of the most popular ways to modify shoe size and shape, so why not give it a try today?
- A hairdryer
- And 2 wet towels
Note: When applying heat to crocs, you must use a wet towel as a safety measure. This keeps the material from getting damaged.
How To Make Crocs Smaller: Easy Steps To Follow
- To start, take two towels and saturate them in water. Remember to wring out the excess liquid; if not, all of the heat created by evaporation will be used up while drying off on the towel rather than penetrating into your Crocs.
- Grasp the Crocs firmly with your hands and wrap a towel around them; there is no need to tightly secure the towels as this will prevent any movement of the crocs.
- Utilizing your hairdryer, adjust the temperature setting to medium heat. While doing so, you can also control the distance of which the warm air is directed at your Crocs since it will be in your hands.
- Activate the hairdryer and begin using heat to carefully style your Crocs.
- Unwrap the towels periodically if you wish to verify that your Crocs have not shrunk, and then reveal in the satisfaction of achieving your desired result by continuously applying heat.
3# Shrinking Crocs Using a Dryer Machine:
Struggling with Crocs that are too big? Look no further – this method is the perfect solution to shrink them quickly and easily!
With minimal effort, your shoes will now fit like a glove. All you need is someone to supervise the process instead of having to do all the hard work yourself!
- A dryer machine
- 2 wet towel
Steps To Follow:
- Before starting, be sure to adjust the temperature and time settings on your dryer.
- To ensure your Croc shoes will shrink without any damage to the material, be sure to adjust the dryer settings to its lowest temperature and keep it running for 10-15 minutes. This way, you can guarantee that your Crocs receive an appropriate low heat over a longer period of time.
- Soak two towels in water, then squeeze out the excess moisture. Wrap each side of the Croc securely with a towel and tie it shut using either string or an elastic band to ensure that it won’t come undone during its time in the dryer.
- Carefully place the wrapped Croc in your dryer and adjust the settings according to the instructions. Then, hit start and let it spin!
- Be sure to remain in front of the dryer while it is running. When its cycle has ended, turn off the machine and remove your Crocs.
- Once you take the Crocs out of the dryer, they will have been transformed into your desired size!
4# Shrinking Crocs Using Natural Sunlight:
Shrinking your Crocs can be quite an effort, but with this easy and cost-effective method, you won’t have to worry about that. So, how to shrink crocs a size down?
Just leave your Crocs in a place where they are exposed to direct sunlight; the heat from the sun rays will naturally shrink them without requiring any further effort!
However, it may take several days of consecutive exposure for you to achieve the desired shape.
Outro On How To Shrink Crocs
Before we go our separate ways, let’s not forget one important thing….If you’re attempting to shrink your Crocs, be mindful of the amount of heat applied! Too much can cause irreparable damage.
Regardless if it is for a Croc or its straps, make sure that you only apply enough heat until wrinkles and creases appear on it. If there isn’t any sign of wrinkle or crease after reaching near maximum temperature capacity, then stop, as further heating will harm your shoes, making them unusable afterwards.
With these guidelines in mind, you should have no problem shrinking all types of Crocs efficiently, hopefully with minimal effort required. I hope this tip has been helpful!
Do Crocs Shrink In The Washing Machine?
Crocs are not designed to be washed in the washing machine alone – they must also go through a drying cycle with heat.
Water won’t shrink your Crocs, only extreme temperatures will do! So if you’re just aiming to wash them, there’s no need for the dryer mode.
Can You Shrink Crocs With A Hairdryer?
With just a hairdryer and two wet towels, you can easily shrink your Crocs. A hairdryer is the optimal choice for this task because it allows you to control the amount of heat more precisely, ensuring that only specific areas of the Crocs experience any shrinking.
Can You Shrink Crocs In Hot Water?
Conversely, dry heat helps to shrink the material of Crocs shoes; by contrast, hot water will not do this. Boiling water can cause the opposite effect and make your Crocs bigger and baggier.
Additionally, hot water may relax the fabric in your Crocs so that they lose their shape as well as their flexibility over time.
Do Crocs Stretch Out After Wearing?
Wearing your Crocs should cause a slight stretch over time. This happens as a result of the heat generated by friction between your foot and the shoe, which causes the materials in it to relax.
Alternatively, if you need to expand them quicker, simply boil some hot water and put them in it for a few moments!
On the other hand, if you wish to shrink your Crocs, then utilizing a dryer will do the trick. The heat from the dryer reverses this process and reduces their size back down.